Stratakleen specializes in janitorial duties for strata buildings, both commercial and residential.
A listing of common tasks are described below for your convenience.
Building Entrance Area including the Interior and Exterior
- Clean entry doors, glass, door hardware, etc.
- Vacuum lobby carpet
- Clean elevator, clean tracks, etc.
- Clean light fixtures, Intercom/Enterphone Unit
- Clean mailboxes and area
- Remove outdated newspapers, advertising flyers, etc – including the “blue boxes”
- Spot sweep surrounding area for leaves and litter
Common Interior Corridors, Stairs and Landings – All Levels
- Vacuum thoroughly with special attention to high traffic areas.
- Spot clean carpet as necessary
- Maintain all stairs and railings in clean condition – vacuum and dusting
- Clean light fixtures, exit lights, change light bulbs as needed throughout
(light bulbs are supplied at with cost)
- High dusting to control cobwebs where possible
- Dust/cleaning of baseboards
- Clean glass
- Clean fire bells, and other fixtures etc. (high level dusting)
- Clean hallway ventilation vents as necessary (exterior wipe only)
- Clean fire doors, stairwell and exit doors, adjust closers as necessary
- Clean washers and dryers
- Move machines away from wall for thorough cleaning
- Empty litter container
- Clean floor
- Report problems found to designated contact person
Storage and Utility Areas
- Check all areas once per week, clean as necessary (may include Utility and
- Mechanical rooms, Meter and Sprinkler Rooms, Locker Rooms
- Keep janitor room tidy and in orderly fashion
- Report damage, concerns to appointed designate for follow-up
- Spot sweep weekly
- Empty garbage receptacles
- Sweep exit stairs to ground level, check drains
- Investigate and report unusual activity if found
Garbage & Recycling Areas
- Keep areas tidy (exterior locations place) stray items in bins
- May include periodic application of disinfectant cleaner, etc.
- Keep recycle bins clean
Exterior Areas including Walkways and Curbs
- Spot sweep – leaves and litter
- Check and replace exterior lights when required